We have put together some FAQs below, but if there is anything else you want to know please contact us, we will be more than happy to discuss any questions with you.
How do I organise a cleaner to come to my home?
You can contact us on through the 'contact us' section on the home page or through the contact information at the top or bottom of this page to arrange an appointment at your convenience. We will arrange an initial consultation to discuss the cleaning of your property and any specific requirements you may have. This is a free no obligation consultation.
When will the cleaning start?
This will be discussed during the initial consultation.
Do I need a consultation for a spring clean?
Yes. This is to ensure the correct timescale is calculated for the job and we can discuss particular requirements.
Can I decide when the cleaner comes?
We do our best to accommodate your needs and can hold a key so we can clean if you are not home.
Do I need to do anything before my home is cleaned?
We ask that you tidying the areas you wish us to clean and make sure that all areas are accessible. This allows us to devote all of our allocated time to your clean.
Is there a minimum number of hours for cleaning services?
No. Each home is individual with individual needs.
How do I pay?
All cleans must be paid on the day either by cash or direct debit.
Who provides cleaning products?
We provide our own cloths, sponges, scourers etc but we use the customers' cleaning products. This allows us to keep our costs down; a saving which can be passed onto the customer. It also means that the customer can pick which products are used.
What do I do if I need to cancel my clean?
You will need to contact us as soon as possible. If less than two working days notice is given you will incur a cancellation fee of 50% the clean price. If the cancellation is due to unforeseen circumstances it will dealt with on an individual basis.
What happens if I have not provided a key and nobody is available to let the cleaners in?
If our cleaners cannot gain access at the arranged time then we will be obliged to charge you the full clean price as we are unable to re-assign the cleaners to other work at such short notice.
Are you insured?
We are fully insured. We have employer’s liability cover up to ten million pounds and public liability up to one million pounds. The certificates can be viewed upon requested.
What happens if something gets broken or damaged during the clean?
If we are aware that we have caused any damage during the clean; we will leave you a note and ensure any breakages are repaired or replaced. We will contact you as soon as possible to discuss the options. However, if you find some damage that we are not aware of and you believe we are responsible you need to contact us to arrange for an appointment to assess the damage.
Coronavirus safe working practices!
H.Gould Cleaning Limited is a provider of in-home cleaning services, therefore it is not possible for us to work from home so with government advice in mind we aim to return to work. We will follow all guidelines to reduce workplace risk to the lowest reasonably practicable level by taking preventative measures to keep employees and customers as safe as possible.
General guidance rules to follow
• Increased handwashing, at least 20 seconds using soap and hot water particularly after coughing, sneezing or nose blowing.
• All team members to wash hands on entering and leaving the property. Sanitise hands THOROUGHLY between jobs. Handsoap, hand towels and alcohol hand sanitizers will be provided to all team members.
• Reduce spread of germs by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or into your elbow. NOT your hands. Once finished, proceed to wash hands THOROUGHLY for at least 20 seconds.
CATCH IT! BIN IT! KILL IT!
• Ensure there is appropriate ventilation, e.g. opening windows (these will be closed when exiting the premises)
• Avoid touching face, mouth, nose and eyes at all cost
• Customers preferably to leave internal doors open to minimise contact with surfaces
• Staff will supply their own food and drink, only entering with one necessary bottle of drink per cleaner
• Management and staff to undertake ‘Prevent Covid-19’ online course
• Social distancing rule apply, minimise contact with others, staying 2 meters apart at all times
H.Gould Cleaning Ltd will:
• Arrange with customers to be out of the house where feasible whilst cleaning is being
undertaken. If this is not possible, customers will be asked to isolate in one room. Communicate with customers prior to arrival so they are prepared. Should there be any communication between customers and team members it will need to be following the two metre social distancing rule.
• When working on Construction sites there will be prior communication with site managers
to ensure (where possible) no other trades will be working in the property at the time
H.Gould team members will be carrying out cleaning duties. If it is necessary for other trades to be working in the property, social distancing (2m apart) MUST always be maintained. This applies to all parts of the working environments e.g exits, entrances, rest rooms etc. Reducing the number of people each person has contact with, fixed teams or partnering so each person works with only few other small team so easily achievable. Same workers same job where possible.
• Contact customers & team members daily for a health check.
• In emergency such as a fire or accidents, people do not have to maintain two metres social
distance if it would be unsafe to do so. People involved in administrative assistance MUST
pay attention to post sanitising measures, especially hand washing.
• While the evidence around the protection masks offer is limited, for the reassurance of team members and customers, H.Gould cleaning requires all members of staff to wear masks and gloves for the duration of cleaning. This is to be changed for each new household. Also to wear disposable gloves. Face shields will also be provided to team members.
Travel to and from work
• Team members will travel to work alone or with members of the same household, where
possible. Team members are to work close to their home to minimise travel time and risk.
• H.Gould Cleaning Limited will not be undertaking cleaning anywhere where there has been
a known or suspected case of Covid-19.
• NO ONE should be carrying out work in a household where any member of the family are
self-isolating due to symptoms or where an individual is shielding.
• When working with clinically vulnerable customers, i.e over 70s, extra precautions should be taken. Although I have made the decision not to return to these customers at this stage I would hope to do so by the end of June.
We appreciate this is a particularly anxious time for everyone. Here at H. Gould Cleaning Ltd we have an open door policy. We want staff and customers alike to feel happy contacting us, or our team with any concerns.